Brooks Running Shoes and Apparel | Brooks Running.com
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Valued Contributor

Ghost 9 review

Brooks sent me a pair of Ghosts 9 to try out and review!

I have now run 5 times in these shoes, and I can tell you I am impressed. I have never run in Ghosts before, and have stuck to the Pure Cadence, which are flatter with a lower drop. I don’t like running shoes that feel like you have high heels on, and this shoe instead feels very padded all over, instead of just beneath the heel. These shoes are very comfortable, padded yet light and responsive, and provide good traction.

I don’t know the drop of these shoes, but the significant amount of cushion under the ball of the foot makes me feel very balanced while running. The extra padding did not interfere with my running gait and I felt like landing on my midfoot was even easier.

Another cool thing about these shoes is just the right amount of arch support. There are perfectly balanced--I don’t feel like there is a breeze beneath my arch, and my foot can still function normally.

During my first two runs the part of the shoe near the laces felt stiff and rubbed a bit, but that went away after 2 runs and they broke in nicely. Now, I have designated my pure cadences for walking and sprinting, and these are my go-to for all other runs. Twice I found myself running a few miles longer than I planned.

Great job creating this shoe!   

Valued Contributor

Re: Ghost 9 review

After hearing me rave about this shoe, my mom was ready to try something new. She has had a few health issues lately, but believes these will help her on her journey back to health. 

So, today she converted from Nike Vomero to the Ghost 9. I'm excited to see her get healthy and fit again!

Valued Contributor

Nice work @Emmarunner getting a Nike fan to switch to Brooks ! And, your mother at that ☺️. The power of the Ghost 9. I agree with you, it's simply a great shoe.

Occasional Contributor

i have three pair of glycerin they all hurt my feet i wear orthotics maybe i was fitted with the wrong shoe any suggestions ?

0 Kudos

@cjwest Is there a specific place your feet are hurting while wearing the Glycerin?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

best shoe glycerin 14 or ghost 9 ?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

where i tie my shoes and the sock liner on my right foot .

0 Kudos