Brooks Running Shoes and Apparel | Brooks Running.com
Discussion Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Founding Runner

Track Team Reports

I know it's a bit early, but how do your track teams look? What kind of season are you expecting?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Track Team Reports

We finished 4th in state last year and graduated just one thrower that went.  We have the defending state champion in the 110h and 400h.   We had a 10th grader that ran in the 800 and 1600.  We are looking for a top 5 finish maybe challenge for the title if we can find a field event person we will be strong.  

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The St. Johnsbury Academy (VT) Hilltoppers are headed to the Vermont State Indoor Track Championships at Norwich University (VT) Feb. 4th. Girls are defending 2X Champs and the boys have a solid chance for a win. I'll fill you in next week. Best wishes to your track seasons @marpr227 and @EricLuedeman.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Way to early yet. Track and Field in Wisconsin does not start until March 6th.  My school is distant heavy so we tend to quailify runners in the 4x800, 800, 1600, and 3200 for the boys and girls.  Hoping to get a few more sprinters to advance this season.  We are a D2 middle size school and I hope to have about 80 boys/girls out this season.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Vermont Indoor Track & Field Championship Division I update. Hey @marpr227, and @EricLuedeman I thought you might be interested to hear the St. Johnsbury Academy 'Hilltoppers', both girls and boys, are state champions. For the boys it's their first since 2011 and for the girls it's their 3d consecutive and it's 5 consecutive titles when including spring track and field.

There is too much Vermont winter left to even think about the spring season but when it comes around we are looking for some excitement.

Best wishes to you and your teams.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Great job with those championships.    Great job and a huge pat on the back

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

First day of Track and Field with 2 feet of snow on the track and field @marpr227@EricLuedeman@drnew - just thought you would like to know. 

0 Kudos
Coach

We'll be solid on both Boys and Girls sides.  Boys had won 5 straight titles before dropping to 3rd last year.  Another round of graduations and some reclassifications of rivals down into our division will make competing for the title difficult.  We'll be relying heavily on our distance runners while trying to string together some scoring relays and getting points from hurdles, PV, and LJ.  Our girls are on the upswing with pretty solid athletes just about everywhere.  The question will be how high they can score in their events.  18 6th place finishes won't accomplish much in the State Standings. 

And as always...staying healthy is critical.

Covering Track and Cross Country in West Virginia
Highlighted
Founding Runner

It's almost 90 in north Texas today. Sorry.

Contributor

After 9 inches last week our track is cleared.  Nearly 50 degrees outside.  Hope that it clears soon for you guys!

0 Kudos